Search This Blog

Monday, June 2, 2014

       Well Lets start off on a good note..... I am currently matched to J&S a wonderful couple who are local! We met on May 6th, 2014 to see if we were a good match and for at least me to confirm how great the seemed over the phone... I swear to this day I can only describe matching as being set up on a blind date and the actual meeting like the first date, LOL! Lets state the obvious and say it went GREAT from the "I am matched!" I would say we sat talking for 3 hours.... They are so full of life, energy, and hope! I am truly looking forward to taking this journey with them.

       OKAY, on the the not so good note... I have always been a big believer in the "oreo approach." As you know in October 2013 I was matched and transferred with B&R... This ended the way I thought it would! I am still kicking myself for not listening to my gut on our very first "date" I knew better. I have so many surrogates and IPs ask my advice on different things and my BEST advice no matter what the challenge/concern TRUST your GUT... What do I do? The exact opposite! You know it really hurt me to have to walk away from someone after giving my word, but being compared to the breeding of a horse just wasn't sitting well.

       Now back to the GOOOOODDDD! Things have been moving a bit slow as I made a big move last month.... Oh man you have no idea how much stuff you have until you move and how much work it is changing everything in your life! I received the drafted contract from my attorney on May 28th, 2014 and holy 68 pages Batman!!!! I had the Zac Brown Band concert the next two days so lets just say I didn't get to go over it... After my family left I got back to business....

       I buried myself in those 68 pages familiarizing myself with the new rules of this journey... I spoke to my attorney tonight and we went over the contract, changes he made, and my questions/concerns... I am hoping he gets them to their attorney ASAP and we get on to signing seeing as I STARTED BCP tonight!!!!! I truly feel like this journey is underway. I have pretesting blood work on Wednesday at 3:15, Saline sono, mock cycle, and uterine biopsy on the 12th at 12:30pm. How fast was that? From nothing to full force!

       So that's where I have been and where I am!!! I am hoping in the upcoming weeks to post some more exciting news! We are hoping for a July cycle, but you know how surrogacy goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment