Search This Blog

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Coffee Talk!


Is it really 1:00AM? I am such an old lady and usually find myself counting sheep by 9PM! My only explanation is this new Starbucks iced coffee I bought yesterday and I thought it would be a good idea to drink 2 large cups before bed! UGHHH! Great, I should feel wonderful for our early morning road trip to our camp site.... Yes, we are roughing it in the wild for a WHOLE week! I am so excited, family camping vacations are my favorite! We have all the goodies packed up and ready to go! T's birthday is this week so what a great way to celebrate!


How about this, we went to Win Dixie yesterday, while we were checking out the guy called us FOOLS for camping for a week! REALLY? I didn't know if I should throat punch him or laugh at us for camping in animal infested, 100 degree temps, and prime time for storms daily..... I have shared with several friends our camping plans and you know...  people don't get back to nature enough! Pack your bags, round up the family, get into the woods, and turn off all the electronics!!!! Just get dirty, sweaty, rough, and in touch with nature. We get so wrapped up in social media that we forget it's nice to just take a step back and enjoy YOUR life and the little things! I am not knocking for sure because I do love me some social media, but every now and then I find it refreshing to detox from it.



I am thinking about starting YouTube videos for weekly chats soon.... Not sure how it will go, but it's a thought for now! I think it would be neat and definitely a great way to connect with my followers. I love reading and writing, but sometimes it's nice seeing a face and hearing a voice.... makes it easier to connect and get a better understanding of what's being told. What do you guys think? I am also considering posting a poll to see what you guys want to talk about and if you would like a questions section.... I would love to hear your thoughts, questions, feelings, etc.... It can feel a little one sided and gets a little lonely when there is no interaction, LOL!



I keep looking at the clock, calculating how much sleep I will get if I go to sleep now! Dang Starbucks! How about I deleted all my pictures on my blog tonight! Talk about a mini stroke..... Thank God for GOOGLE, I was able to restore them all! That may be why I am still up because my heart hasn't resumed normal beating yet.



So, I spent Friday night in the ER because I have been having trouble with my cycles since the miscarriage in August. I have been having two cycles a month for five months! WHAAAAA!? I can handle one, but two? Ummmmm, no! I have been putting it off, but it has gotten worse. Luckily I only have cysts on my ovaries and a polyp, both should clear up on their own and if they don't birth control bills can usually fix it. I am following up with my OB on the 29th to check those and my hormone levels. The fertility medications we take as surrogates can really throw off our normal cycles and hormone levels. I don't think enough surrogates think about the realistic harm we may be doing. I mean yes, we think about it as a "possibility" and know it could happen, but until your facing reality I don't think you ever prepare yourself or accept the risk.



I read a blog update recently about a surrogate mother who had a full hysterectomy and almost died after her C-section with her surro baby! Things you never think will happen to you! They do happen for sure. Thank God for the amazing medical team, prayers, and determination that brought her back to her amazing family. So scary to think it could be anyone of us at any time. Surrogacy is truly a magical journey, but there are risks and very ugly parts to it. I thank the stars that none of those I have experienced. I am to this day very thankful and blessed to be on the journey I am.

Okay, I need to get into bed before I am of no use tomorrow when we set up camp! Although, I do NOT enjoy that part at all. I wish I could wiggle my nose and snap my fingers and it all be done! I truly enjoy being alone with my family, just enjoying each other without any interruptions! Have a wonderful week y’all!




No comments:

Post a Comment